August 29, 2018
Embody Quality Systems/Quality Control Specialist
The Quality Systems/Quality Control Specialist is primarily responsible for developing, engineering, executing and maintaining the quality system and quality control processes at Embody in accordance with FDA, ISO and other global regulatory requirements. Specifically, functions include: change control, BOM/Parts change management, record review, calibration management, document control, lot release sampling criteria, manufacturing support and non-conformance resolution. They will be required to utilize process improvement methodologies and risk based principles to identify opportunities, plan improvements, execute those plans, and then follow up to ensure a proactive state of compliance.
• Develop, support, maintain and continuously improve the Embody Quality System in accordance withregulatory requirements; especially requirements specified in the 21 CFR Part 820, ISO 13485 and other global medical device regulations.
• Interpret and provide guidance on applicable and upcoming federal and international regulations.
• Apply process analysis/development tools to develop and continuously improve procedures required to maintain compliance and business efficiency (Ex. Fishbone diagrams, flowcharts, statistical applications).
• Generate and improve metrics required to establish the overall suitability and effectiveness of the TMC Quality System.
• Assist in maintaining and updating internal and external standards. Work with Subject Matter Experts to ensure gap analysis is performed to ensure continued compliance.
• Technical support for US and OUS personnel on Quality Management System. Assist with internal and external audits and audit-preparation activities.
• Develop, administer and continuously improve the training required to support the effectiveness and suitability of the quality system. This requirement includes the development, implementation and maintenance of specific Instructor Led Training (ILT) courses as cGMP Compliance, Good Documentation Practices and Process Development.
• Assist in administrating the equipment calibration and preventive maintenance program
• Responsible for creating and supporting the Document Control functions within the eQMS system.
• Ensure the consistency and quality of documents within the change control process.
• Perform process training for document creation and document control processes.
• Implement and maintain the eQMS system where the Document Control and Quality System processes live.
• Assist in reviewing and approving Lot History Records (LHRs) to ensure product is dispositioned according to established process.
• Assist in reviewing and approving label proofs.
• Responsible for archiving quality records including LHRs, Equipment Files, Nonconformance records (NCMR) and other records as necessary.
• Helps develop sampling requirements for QC lot release testing
• Assists Managers and Supervisor in investigating and documenting non-conformance issues, determining root causes and implementing corrective actions.
• Interfaces with R&D and production departments to coordinate QC activities for manufacturing support.
• Coordinate with procurement, suppliers and management for resolution of any issues associated with received reagents, supplies and documents. Resolve the document issues and facilitate sampling or rejection of materials in a timely manner.
• Position requires a 4-year technical degree in engineering or a scientific discipline
• 3+ years in an FDA regulated medical device environment
• Experience in developing or improving quality management systems.
• Knowledge of documentation systems, specifically new product development (protocols, reports, software, validation data, Design History Files), quality system (procedures, forms, quality records), and manufacturing (Bill of Material, routers, procedures, Device History Records, Device Master Records) documentation.
• Direct experience maintaining procedures as they relate to the FDA Quality System regulations and ISO13485 preferred.
• Exposure to 21 CFR Part 11 and Computer/Quality System Software management methods preferred
Quality and business process knowledge:
• Familiarity with FDA, ISO 13485 and multi-country Quality Systems requirements.
• Ability to identify and recognize how the quality management system potentially affects the wider business of the company
• Ability to apply a practical level of statistics. Ability to develop and maintain spreadsheets, pivot tables, metrics, statistical applications, charts/graphs and user-friendly reports
• Ability to use process development tools
• Working knowledge of quality control and lot release sampling plans
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with all levels of the organization including management
• Strong interpersonal skills to provide coaching, training, and direction
• Above average organizational and prioritization skills
• Detail-oriented while being flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities is required.
• Strong proofreading and writing skills, as well as exemplary attention to detail
• Strong decision-making including the ability to rapidly understand complex changes and pace work completion to the needs of the company.
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently while handling multiple tasks
• Strong computer knowledge (MS Office), technical writing skills and proofreading ability
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross- functional teams for problem-solving, product and process improvement is required.